Last Update: June 15th, 2020
Ontario Eases Wedding Restrictions
June 13th, 2020
As of June 13th 2020, Ontario has eased the restrictions regarding gatherings at weddings and funerals.
- The government is extending the number of people allowed to attend an indoor wedding or funeral ceremony to a maximum of 30% capacity of the ceremony venue.
- At Elsie Perrin Williams Estate, that would allow for 24 people at a seated indoor ceremony, 36 people at a standing indoor ceremony and 50 people for an outdoor ceremony.
- At Grosvenor Lodge, that would allow for 14 people at a seated indoor ceremony, 36 people at a standing indoor ceremony, and 50 people for an outdoor ceremony.
- The maximum number for a reception would be 10 people at both properties.
We will also be working with the amazing team at Lovely Weddings and Events to offer our couples a pop-up wedding option for a simple, stunning wedding experience.
If you are attending a wedding or event at our properties, we please ask that you follow these rules for everyone’s safety.
Please self-identify if you:
- Have symptoms of fever, cough or difficulty breathing
- Have had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- Have been instructed by local public health authorities to self-isolate due to travel or contact history
If you answered “yes” to any of these conditions, please:
- Either reschedule your meeting, tour, or send your regrets to miss the event
- Return home (avoiding public transportation)
- Follow local public health advice
- While visiting with us today, ensure to follow social distancing protocols (keep 6 ft. apart), clean your hands frequently, and wear a mask to help protect others and yourself from spreading COVID-19
HLF Properties Welcome the Public into our beautiful green spaces and trails
Come discover these two large public spaces for your family this time of social distancing and cooped up kids. We all need places to get out of doors, and likely you may not have discovered these two properties yet.
If you are looking for less crowded parks and dog walks, Elsie Perrin Williams Estate is at the very west end of Windermere Road, and Grosvenor Lodge is on Western/Wharncliffe Roads close to Platt’s Lane. Both have acres of lawns that welcome you, your friends and families to walk and play out of doors.
These two estates are owned by the City of London, and operated on behalf of the City by Heritage London Foundation. ‘Elsie’ is the larger of the two estates, and has extensive front, side and back acreage, surrounded by trees; it also has a trail that leads into the Medway Valley Conservation area.
You will find a number of people bring their dogs for romps on the lawns and trails. Grosvenor Lodge has a large front acreage, and smaller back property.
There are large free parking lots at both properties and special handicapped parking. Like all parks – dress appropriately for places where deer sometimes wander and pay attention to signs that govern the conservation area wildlife.
Visit Elsie Perrin Williams Estate
Visit Grosvenor Lodge
COVID-19 is changing how Heritage London Foundation (HLF) will be working with the public and our clients
Here is how HLF is addressing the COVID-19 issues while we are under the Ontario government’s emergency measures:
- HLF has undertaken extra cleaning and sanitation measures at both our properties to ensure we have a healthy environment if any of our clients need to use the properties. We have posted the Ontario government’s Cleaning and Disinfecting for Public Setting guidelines so that staff and any visitors can be assured we are following the current protocols. You can find a copy of the guideline on our website.
- Please check with your caterer, florist, clergy, and other suppliers about their policies prior to your discussions with HLF staff.
- At this time, HLF staff is available to answer email inquiries and phone calls.
- If you leave us messages with cell phone numbers, please be sure to check your recent calls for unfamiliar numbers, which might be HLF staff returning your call from other phone lines not identified as HLF, Elsie, or Grosvenor.
- HLF will be closely following the Ontario government’s evolving rules that may apply to events so our clients and suppliers can protect the health of loved ones, guests, and staff.
- If clients need to re-size or rebook events in 2020 in the future, HLF will work to find flexible solutions within the calendar year or will work with our existing catering companies to find other dates. As soon as the emergency rules evolve into next steps, we will be changing our policies accordingly.
Public Historical and Heritage Tours
- Due to the current emergency rules, HLF will be postponing its public tours of Elsie Perrin Williams Estate and Grosvenor Lodge for the foreseeable future.
- While social distancing might work out of doors, we believe that it would be difficult to maintain inside our estate homes. These need to be maintained at a high level of safety and cleanliness from this highly communicable disease and we cannot guarantee your safety or that of our volunteers and staff. Your patience is appreciated, and we look forward to inviting the community back into the homes when the threat from the virus is decreased.
Are your events cancelled?
Our spring and summer 2020 events hosted at Elsie Perrin Williams Estate and Grosvenor Lodge will be rescheduled once the state of emergency has been lifted.
Are you open for tours?
No, both heritage and public tours are temporarily cancelled. You are still encouraged to make use of our green spaces and parks during this time and maintain social distance.
How long will you be closed?
Our events and tours will be cancelled as long as the state of emergency is in place for Ontario. We will re-evaluate as the city, provincial and federal guidelines are updated.
Do I need to rebook my event and what is your cancellation policy?
If you have an event or wedding booked with us for spring or summer 2020, we are encouraging that you rebook your event for later in the year. For anybody concerned about their event, we are also offering re-booking dates into 2021. We are unable to offer refunds for any cancelled events.
How do I rebook my event?
Please call our team at 519-432-6620 and we would be happy to help you rebook your event.
I have a wedding or an event booked with your venue after April. What should I do?
We are asking all clients to first check with their vendors (caterers, florists, DJs, etc.) about their ability to work, and any cancellation and insurance policies. If you have questions about your future, please reach out to our team.
Postponing my wedding is not an option, I need to have it this year. Is there anything I can do?
Please contact our team and we can help you arrange a solution following the current restrictions in Ontario.
What is Heritage London Foundation doing to ensure the safety and health of its employees?
We have implemented deep cleaning, increased sanitization, and work from home protocols for both properties for the safety of our staff and tenants.
Are the grounds open?
Yes, we encourage you to enjoy our parks and green spaces during this time while still practicing social distancing protocol. (We’re a very popular spot for dog walks!)