- This event has passed.
Doors Open London 2018
September 16 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
We are excited to have the Elsie Perrin Williams Estate open for all to visit!
SUNDAY 10AM – 4PM/ SHORT VIGNETTES AT 11AM, 1:30PM, AND 3:30PM
The Elsie Perrin Williams Estate is a city-owned, self-sustaining historic estate. The estate was given as a wedding gift to Elsie Perrin by her father in 1905 upon her marriage to Dr. Hadley Williams. The current house was built in 1917.
Things to do!
- Visitors will be greeted by a maid wearing a period-appropriate costume.
- Guest can take a guided tour through the Spanish Colonial style house, where the dining room, library, and a corner of the Great Hall will be set up much as they were in Elsie’s day.
- Visitors will be able to view a number of interesting storyboards, and there will be activities for children.
- A series of three short vignettes depicting episodes in the life of Elsie Perrin Williams and her surgeon husband has been written by Adam Holowitz and will be produced in different locations around the estate. A newly published commemorative 100th Anniversary book about the life and times of the Elsie Perrin Williams Estate’s past owners will be available for purchase.
- Hot dogs will be sold at lunchtime on the terrace at the side of the house and drinks can be purchased all day; here one can sit and enjoy the ambiance of one of London’s loveliest and most romantic settings.
For more information about Doors Open London: Doors Open London